Doesn't turn on when the power button is pressed How can I fix an Acer laptop?



Last night I left my laptop on stand by and went to sleep… When I woke up in the morning, the laptop was turned on, but the screen was black! The fan was rotating with a high speed, the computer was on, but the screen was black… So, I turned off the computer by keeping pressed for some seconds the power button.

After it switched off, I tried to turn it on again, but nothing was working! I kept pressing some times, but it was like the computer was dead! I found a way on some youtube videos by pressing the power button for about 30 seconds, but that didn’t work! When I plug in, the battery gets charged, but the laptop won’t turn on. I have an Acer Aspire 7720G! I noticed that when I pressed the power button, like a type of little noise came out near the power button, like it blips for a bit of a second every single time I press the power button.

For anyone who comes to this question again

I solved this problem by myself, since even at a computer repair center, they told me I need to replace the motherboard!!!
Anyway, this is how I solved:
1. Removed battery
2. Reset the internal electricity (like ha14 said above)
3. Removed RAM sticks, removed Graphics Card, CPU, fan.
4. Replaced thermal paste, and did a total cleanup of dust or anything…
5. Put everything back, and also tried to fix the power button by pressing a lot of time at the button..
6. At this step my computer was back!!!

I’m still confused since I think the main problem was the power button, since even when I tried the other steps, my laptop wouldn’t work! After doing that trick with the button, now it works! If anyone has anything to say about this, please I would like to hear his/her opinion!


Author image

This Post By Saad ben abdelah From Morocco 26 years old is a professional blogger, web designer and front end web developer and profit money online We aspire to be the first and only destination for online profit online with detailed and comprehensive way than any other source .

Follow me


Top